Close Search
Report a Maintenance Issue



If you live in a property that is managed by Citydeal Estates please report maintenance issues by using our new repair reporting system.


Repairs for non-emergencies that are reported online are likely to be dealt with more quickly than those that are reported by telephone or by email. Please be as descriptive as possible and always provide a photo of the problem when you can. This will help to speed up the process considerably and will greatly assist us in ensuring the right contractor can attend.


The online Maintenance Form can be accessed HERE.


Emergencies must continue to be reported by calling 020 8896 0800 (Option 4).


For out of hours emergencies please call the numbers mentioned below and/or if you still need help please call 020 8896 0800 (Option 4).


If your Landlord has alternative out-of-hours arrangements, you would have been provided this information previously and you should refrain from using our out-of-hours contractor, as this may result in an unnecessary charge to you.


Please make sure you read the information below so you understand the maintenance process, including how long you can expect it to take for your maintenance issue to be solved.


Police, Fire or Accident

Call 999 or 112.

If there is a fire at the property under no circumstance should you try to put it out yourself. You must immediately evacuate the property and then contact the emergency services to report the fire. After that you must contact us by telephone.

Gas Leak

Should you smell gas, suspect a gas leak, or if your carbon monoxide alarm is beeping, please turn the gas off at the meter (unless the meter is located in the cellar/basement) and avoid the use of any naked flames or electrical switches. Exit the property and immediately contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999. We then ask that you report this issue by email or by telephone to us.

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Should your carbon monoxide detector go off, exit the property and immediately contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999 to report the alert, and do not re-enter your home until it has been approved safe by the authorities. Survey the health of everyone, checking for any flu-like symptoms that could suggest poisoning. If these symptoms are apparent, call 999 immediately. If you can, open all doors and windows to air out your home.

Water Leak

Locate the stop cock and shut off the water supply to the property. Switch off electrics if the water leak is near lights or power outlets. If water is coming from an upstairs property, alert the occupants above immediately and ask them to shut off the source of the leak. If they are not in, leave them a note to contact you. If your building has a concierge/building manager, please inform them as well. Look to contain and manage the leak and any residual escape of water as best as you can until you have spoken to us or our contractor. For example, make sure you place bucket or bowl underneath the leak if possible, also shut off any appliance that uses the water system such as the washing machine and electric shower.

Interruption to your Water Supply

The main water supply normally enters your home in the kitchen so please test your kitchen cold water tap. Check that your stop valves are open and for frozen pipes, and check with your neighbours in case the issue is communal or within the local area. If you have checked all the above without success please contact Thames Water (or your supplier) on 0800 316 9800. You may also check their website for any problems in your area:

Loss of power

If you experience a total loss of electricity, locate and check your fuse box and trip switches. Also check with your neighbours or if the rest of the street or building has lost power. Should you still experience an issue then please contact your supplier directly or the UK Power Network’s Fault & Emergency Information Centre on 0800 028 0247.


If there is no loss of power in the area or building, check fuses have not blown, circuit breakers are in the ‘ON’ position. Unplug everything and turn back on any fuses that have switched off and then plug in each item one by one to determine the cause of power tripping and you can keep the problem item unplugged until it can be checked during normal working hours. Replace bulbs if necessary. If your property has a top up meter system, please make sure the meters are topped up more than £15.

No Heating or Hot Water

If you think your boiler isn’t working properly, please follow the check list below:

  • First check to see if the pilot light is on and check that the pressure gauge is between 1 and 2. If it is below, it means there could be a leak as the boiler needs topping up.
  • Check your room thermostat is on (at least 21 degrees)
  • If radiators have individual thermostatic valves, are they on?
  • If your property has top up gas and electricity meter please make sure they are topped up more than £15 in each meter.
  • If weather is particularly cold (below freezing) the condense pipe on the outside maybe frozen, please call for advice.
  • If radiators are warm at the bottom but cold at the top this means they may need bleeding.
  • If there a fault/code showing on your boiler please contact us accordingly.

Once you have exhausted the list and require further assistance, either call British Gas on 0333 202 9798 if you are aware your landlord has British Gas Cover, or call us on 020 8896 0800 (Option 4).


Please call 999 or your local Police Station and report this immediately. You will be provided with a Crime Reference Number for insurance purposes and also assistance with an emergency locksmith.



An out of hours emergency is something that could cause, or have the potential to cause damage or harm to you and or the property and or your neighbours and their properties. Ensure that it is a true emergency and that the issue cannot be resolved during our opening hours.




No heating or hot water in the summer periods is not considered an out of hours emergency and should be reported via the online reporting service. This will however be considered an emergency in the winter months and should be reported as such.


Please be aware that locking yourself out of the property is not considered an emergency and something that the landlord will not be liable for, therefore arrangements should be made to secure the services of a local locksmith at your cost, or alternatively wait until the office is open and seek agreement to borrow a managed set of keys. If you change the locks please note that a spare key must be provided to Citydeal Estates to retain.


Please remember that if a contractor is called out as an out of office emergency when a repair is not justified you will be liable for all costs.



We aim to carry out repairs as soon as possible and complete them within our target times, depending on the type of repair and how urgent it is. Please note that the list below is not exhaustive and represents only most common examples of repairs.


(24 hours)
Urgent Repairs
(5 working days)
Other non-urgent repair
(21 working days)
Immediate danger to personal health or safety or serious damage to property Affecting material comfort or convenience. Needs a quick response.  
Gas Leak, loss of gas supply Partial loss of power or light Furniture repairs*
Burst pipes Unsafe power, lighting socket or electrical fitting Minor plumbing repairs
No lighting or power (internal fault) Partial loss of water or gas supply External walls/fencing/gates
Total loss of heating or hot water during the winter season Loss or partial loss of heating Window coverings (blind/curtain)
No running water (internal fault) Toilet not flushing Other
Blocked drains* Blocked sink, bath or basin*  
Blockage of the only toilet* Tap which cannot be turned  
Serious water leak Leak from water or heating pipe, valve, tank or cistern, including shower/bath leaks  
Insecure external window, door* Leaking roof, gutters or downpipes  
Locks - tenant lock out/lock fault* Extractor fan not working in a kitchen or bathroom with no other ventilation  
  Broken bed  
  Appliance fault* (white goods supplied by landlord)  
  Pest issues*  
  Flooring (potentially hazardous)  
  Door entry system not working  

*Possible Tenant Recharge



Dependent on the nature of the fault, either the Tenant or Landlord (or Citydeal Estates, the Managing Agent) will be responsible for ensuring necessary repairs are carried out.


In general, Tenants are expected to look after the property as if it was their own home. This usually includes repairs such as changing light-bulbs, unblocking sinks (where the blockage has been caused by the Tenant’s waste), taking reasonable steps to keep the property adequately ventilated and heated so as to prevent damage from condensation, disposing of all rubbish correctly, as well as doing other jobs around the property that a reasonable tenant would do.


When it comes to Landlord’s responsibilities these usually cover repairs to the structure and exterior of the property, certain installations for the supply of water, gas, electricity and sanitation and items that have endured fair wear and tear. Landlord is not responsible for any costs incurred while fixing problems directly caused by a Tenant.


For more information please refer to the terms of your Tenancy Agreement as well as the issued Property Maintenance Notes.